D7-3-1 Block D7, Pusat Perdagangan Dana 1,
Jalan PJU 1A/46, PJU 1A, 47301 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Members of the Malaysia Association for Cell Therapy could gain entry into an influential global community of peers, experts, and organizations invested academically and professionally in cellular therapy. Becoming a MACT member could possibly gives you access to education and training, meetings and events, and leading research that will help you advance your expertise and involvement in the field.
[Download the membership form here]
[Download the membership renewal from here]
- There shall be three classes of members, namely:-
Every application for membership shall be proposed and seconded by two existing members and shall be forwarded to the Secretary who shall at the first convenient opportunity, submit it to the Committee for approval. The Committee may at its discretion reject any application without assigning any reason thereof.
Every applicant whose application has been approved as aforesaid shall, upon payment of the first annual subscription, be admitted as a member of the Association and shall be entitled to all the privileges of membership.
- Full Membership
- Full Membership shall be opened to all legal entities (companies, universities, research institutions etc) in good standing which are incorporated in or established under Laws of Malaysia operating in the cell therapy industry in whatever capacity in Malaysia
- Each member may nominate up to 3 individuals as nominee/representative who are Malaysian citizens above 18 years of age, residing in Malaysia or professionals who are working in Malaysia, to the association.
- Full Membership have the right to vote, hold ofﬁce, attend and participate in any event organised by the Association
- Full Membership is NOT open to individual persons;
- Associate membership
- Any individual persons who are involved in the cell therapy industry or research may apply to be Associate Member
- Associate members shall enjoy the beneﬁts and privileges of full members except to vote nor to hold ofﬁce
- Honorary membership
- Honorary membership will be awarded to distinguished personage or individual who has contributed to the Association or contributed to the development of the cell therapy industry in general. The bestowal and removal of such membership is entirely and only at the discretion of the Executive Committee.
- Honorary Members and does not need to pay annual membership fees.
- Student membership
- Students who are interested in cell therapy research and development may at the discretion of the Committee be admitted as student member. Student members are not eligible to vote or hold positions in the Association but are welcome to participate in the association's activity.
RESIGNATION & TERMINATION
- Any member who wishes to resign from the Association shall give two (2) weeks' notice in writing to the Secretary and shall pay up all dues.
- Any member who fails to comply with the rules of the Association or has acted in a manner to bring disrepute upon the Association may he expelled or suspended for a period of time as the Committee deems fit. Before the Committee expels or suspends the member, the member shall be informed of the grounds for such expulsion or suspension in writing and be given an opportunity to be heard by the Committee. Such suspension or expulsion shall be enforced, unless otherwise reversed by a general meeting upon appeal by the said member.
ENTRANCE FEES, SUBCRIPTIONS AND OTHER DUES
- The entrance fee - There is no entrance fee imposed
- Subscription fee payable shall be as follows:-
- Full Membership – annual subscription RM 5000.00 (Ringgit Malaysia Five Thousand Only)
- Associate membership - annual subscription RM500 (Ringgit Malaysia Five Hundred Only)
- Student membership - annual subscription RM10 (Ringgit Malaysia Ten Only)
||All annual subscription shall be payable to the Treasurer within seven (7) days at the beginning of the new year.
||Life membership – not applicable
||Any member who allows the subscription arrears to exceed two (2) years shall receive a written notification signed by or on behalf of the Secretary, and shall be denied the privileges of membership until full payment is made.
||Any member who allows the arrears to exceed three (3) years will automatically cease to be a member of the Association, shall be suspended as a member of the Association.
||Once the membership has been ceased, the organization or individual will have to apply to the Committee for readmission to the Association. Upon acceptance the member will have to pay entrance fee and annual subscription.
||Special subscriptions or levies for particular purposes may be raised from members by resolution of the general meeting of the Association. If any member fails to pay such subscription within such period as may be resolved, the amount due shall be treated in the same way as arrears of annual subscription.